Friday, February 11, 2011

New Directions

Without a doubt, when administrations change, it is a time of uncertainty in state government. I know it can be very stressful. This week, I have asked four members of the executive team to step aside -- Steve Hornsby, Tom Riche, Joe Holzmer and Stacy Miller -- in order for me to begin adjusting the direction of the department. Even in the face of this difficult news, each of them was gracious and professional. And from what they told me, they clearly think very highly of you, their colleagues and friends.

When new members of my team come on board, I will certainly let you know.

Meantime, please remember that whenever there is change, there are also leadership opportunities -- no matter who you are, or in what capacity you serve. We will need each and every member of our team to move this department’s agenda forward.

Our primary job is to be a resource to all of our customers. The children. The families. The citizens. The taxpayers. I want to remind you that not only will we need to be excellent public servants, we will also need to be very efficient and to be able to demonstrate our effectiveness. So please keep thinking about how you want to contribute to that mission.

Best regards,
Kate O'Day
Commissioner

1 comment:

  1. That is really a shame, Stacy Miller was a huge asset to DCS. What a mistake this is.

    ReplyDelete